Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Sandwich with Strawberry Topping
Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe. Bananas and silky cream cheese melds with a fresh strawberry compote topping. Perfect Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe.
Food can be a piece of art. One that you usually enjoy just for seconds before partaking in the comforting nourishment. I’m obsessed with food photography, and after doing the photography for this recipe, I think I know why.
I could literally just scroll through Pinterest or read through my favorite food blogs for hours, just enjoying beautiful pictures of food. Maybe that’s part of what drew me to food blogging; a way to take my design and photography background, and apply it to cooking and the food I love. I’m trying to write this post and I literally can’t stop staring at these Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast pictures.
Thank’s for bearing with me on this epiphany. Food truly is a beautiful thing, both the process of making it, and eating it as well. I hope you take the time enjoy the simple things like this we often take for granted.
Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe you ask? Oh yes, this is a beautiful thing as well. Take your favorite French Toast recipe (I provide one below) and stuff it with with a rich, creamy, sweet and savory filling. Aren’t they dreamy? This is life at it’s finest my friend. Food brings people to together, and believe me, this stuffed French Toast recipe will have people knocking at your door for brunch.
Banana may be one of my favorite flavors in baking. Its subtle flavor always adds a cheerful undertone to any recipe. Mash bananas into silky cream cheese that melds with crispy French Toast. Top with a fresh strawberry compote, just because you can; and we want life to be beautiful, right?
Cooking Tips: Caramelizing fruits
- Heating bananas or other fruits brings out their sugars and increases flavors. You can pan cook, bake, roast or grill fruits and vegetables.
- Some fruits with high sugar amounts, like apples and bananas, will caramelize and brown when they cook.
Food Photography Tips
Each and every recipe on Plating Pixels has food photography and food styling tips. I hope home-cooks and food bloggers can learn valuable information from these.
I shot this in natural light at 1/80 sec, f/ 2.5, ISO 800 with a 50 mm macro lens. You’d be amazed how quickly powdered sugar dissolves over a moist strawberry compote topping. Like literally seconds, on a good day. Some food photography sessions require you to be quick. Weather it’s ice cream that melts or trying to catch hot steam (there’s tricks around that one), sometimes you have to be a master at setup. For this shot I used a tripod so the angle is the same, setup the plate, and got the camera settings perfectly dialed in. Then it was a matter of sprinkling powdered sugar on top and shooting multiple shots just as it lands.
Products used in this recipe:
Victorinox Fibrox 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Blue/Green/Yellow
Cuisinart 5-Speed Hand Mixer
Nonstick Jumbo Cookware with Glass Lid, 5-Quart
Are you following me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Also sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices French or whole-wheat bread (about ½-inch thick)
- ⅔ cups evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In large skillet or non-stick pan melt butter on medium heat. Add bananas and brown sugar, sauté until softened. Stir in 1-teaspoon vanilla and remove from heat.
- In medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add banana mixture and beat until combined. Evenly spread mixture on 4 slices of bread, and top with remaining bread.
- In a flat bowl whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon and 1-teaspoon vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches to evenly coat. Melt remaining butter in large skillet or pan over medium heat. Toast sandwiches, 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile: Combine strawberries and sugar in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until soft and heated through. Spoon over French toast.