Caramel Apple Cheese Ball
Caramel apple cheese ball makes a quick and easy holiday appetizer. Simply mix cream cheese, sharp cheddar, green apple, nutmeg and caramel, then serve with crackers.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to create this Caramel Apple Cheese Ball recipe. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayRITZ #CollectiveBias
At first a Caramel Apple Cheese Ball might seem a bit odd or over the top, but I can assure you it’s wonderful starter the will impress your guests. This holiday season is all about friends and family, while sharing food, gifts and memories. Make yours extra special with a fun cheese ball that will leave a lasting impression.
When hosting or attending parties, I find appetizers are ideal. The can be prepared quickly and ahead of time, even the day before. Then simply place them out for guests to enjoy. A bit of decorations or holiday theme goes a long way to set the cheer as well.
Cheese balls are especially easy to make. For this Caramel Apple Cheese Ball, stir together softened cream cheese and shredded sharp cheddar. Then stir in caramel, nutmeg and diced green apple (and yes, cheese and apple pairs together surprisingly well). Roll into a ball the coat with chopped, toasted walnuts.
Serve over RITZ Crackers for a buttery, flaky combination ideal for the creamy cheese mixture. You can also save with the Ibotta coupon. These crackers make holiday entertaining easy with perfect bite-size bases you can top with almost anything, sweet or savory. Try this Caramel Apple Cheese Ball and you’ll realize just how fun and easy holiday appetizers can be.
Caramel Apple Cheese Ball recipe at-a-glance:
Difficulty: Super easy
Flavor profiles: Sharp cheese with just a bit of tang and sweetness.
Texture: Thick, creamy and perfectly spreadable.
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ green apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce, plus extra for drizzle
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 package RITZ Crackers
- Toast walnuts in a pan over medium-high heat just until browning starts, stirring often; about 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely, then chop or crush walnut into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, stir together softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in apple, nutmeg and caramel until ingredients are evenly incorporated. Use hands to roll into a ball shape.
- Spread walnut pieces on a plate or flat surface, and roll cheese ball to evenly coat outside. Drizzle top with extra caramel sauce and serve with RITZ Crackers.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.