Chamomile Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to create this Chamomile Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
This moist Chamomile Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread is loaded with lemon juice and zest, poppy seeds, almond extract and brewed chamomile tea. An easy, sweet brunch recipe with only minutes of prep.
I have a confession that I’m proud to admit. I’m a coffee and tea addict. With many posts lately on the former, it’s about time I created more recipes that celebrate the versatility and flavor variety of tea. Recipe such as Chamomile Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread are a unique way to start your day or enjoy a weekend brunch, while incorporating brewed tea in the actual recipe. Plus it pairs great with a hot cup of tea.
January is hot tea month…yes that’s a thing. Makes sense to me as it’s a cozy or invigorating way to warm up in winter, depending on what brew you choose. This Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread uses strong brewed Cozy Chamomile by Bigelow Tea. Bigelow allows you to #TeaProudly. It’s manufactured in the U.S. and foil packed for guaranteed freshness. Be sure to enter the Ultimate Relaxation Getaway Sweepstakes run by Collective Bias.
Tea not only tastes good and has various documented health benefits, it also warms your mood and facilitates connection by shared conversation and gathering. On top of that, tea is the second most consumed beverage in the U.S. besides water, with 82% of Americans drinking tea. A surprising and refreshing fact that it’s not other sugar-based drinks that top the list.
Making this Chamomile Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread is a simple as mixing and baking. It’s a classic dense and moist breakfast bread base that consists of flour, sugar, egg and oil. Strong brewed chamomile in the batter adds a hint of floral undertones. Fresh lemon juice and zest adds bold flavor that pairs with classic poppy seed crunch. This quick and easy lemon poppy seed bread will bring back nostalgic memories of childhood baked goods, while helping you create new ones with those closest to you.
Chamomile Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread recipe at-a-glance:
Difficulty: Super easy
Flavor profiles: Sweet and tangy lemon, almond and a hint of floral chamomile.
Texture: Moist, fluffy and soft breakfast bread.
- 2 Bigelow Cozy Chamomile tea bags
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Pour ½ cup boiling water into a bowl. Add 2 tea bags and steep until brewed and cooled. Discard bags and set tea aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Form a well in center and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, poppy seeds and brewed tea. Pour into flour mixture and stir just until moist and combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x4x3-inch loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes, until top is lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If serving immediately, cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before slicing. If refrigerating overnight, cool completely on rack and store covered in fridge; slice before serving.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.