Cheesy Hot Dog Tartlets
These Cheesy Hot Dog Tartlets are a quick and easy appetizer, perfect for your game day party. Pastry sheets, hot dog slices, sautéed mushroom and melted cheese bake together into fun handheld snacks.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
After the holidays and New Year it’s time to look forward to new seasonal recipe themes. Appetizers and snacks are a hit anytime, but even better for game day parties. Recipes like these Cheesy Hot Dog Tartlets and other easy, snackable recipes are coming into season. What’s not to like about simple appetizer recipes that require only a handful of ingredients?
One of my favorite parts about sports is Homegating. I like to think of it as the best of tailgating, but in the comfort and convenience of your home. You can hang out with friends before the game and enjoy tasty appetizers and dishes, all in your own living room. No need to buy expensive tickets, travel and find parking. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watching some sports in-person, but a tabletop tailgate party at home is even better most of the time.
Whether you’re a fan of sports or not, you can enjoy these Cheesy Hot Dog Tartlets. It’s a super simple recipe that uses pastry sheets, sautéed mushrooms, shredded cheddar cheese and hot dog slices. For the hot dogs I used Ball Park® Beef Hot Dogs. Look for those and Wright® Brand Bacon in the refrigerated section of your local Kroger grocery store, as well as Tyson® Any’tizers® in the frozen section to create your own snack hacks.
Reminding me of favorite childhood flavors, the juicy, meaty flavor of Ball Park Hot Dogs makes a perfect ingredient for grilling, Homegating or any sort of appetizer. They’re made with 100% beef and a premier blend of seasonings, without any nitrates/nitrites or artificial preservatives. Baked into puffed pastry circles, the hot dog, cheese and mushroom filling is surrounded by crisp, golden dough. Small, handheld appetizers like these are ideal for parties, as they’re easy for guests to grab and snack throughout the game.
When hosting a party, it’s all about presentation and variety. Try different garnishes and present with desired condiments or dipping sauces. Serve these Cheesy Hot Dog Tartlets to your guests during your Homegate party and they’ll disappear quickly. Be prepared to make (at least) another batch or pair with more of your favorite party appetizer recipes. Check out #fanfoodleague for more recipe ideas.
Cheesy Hot Dog Tartlets recipe at-a-glance:
Difficulty: Super easy
Flavor profiles: Meaty and cheesy with a buttery tang.
Texture: Juicy hot dog slices over a flaky pastry crust.
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 8-ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 (9-inch) square puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Ball Park Beef Hot Dogs, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Mustard or other condiments
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until browned and tender; 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly then chop. Set aside.
- Open pastry sheets on a flat, floured surface. Use a 3-inch cookie cutter (or edge of a glass) to cut each sheet into 9 circles, making 18 total. Place circles on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Brush tops with egg white.
- Place about 1-teaspoon of chopped mushroom in center of each. Sprinkle with cheese, add three hot dog slices, then sprinkle center with more cheese. Be sure to leave edges of pastry open so they puff up.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Sprinkle with green onion and serve immediately with desired condiments.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.