Chewy Cherry Orange Oatmeal Bars
Moist and chewy Orange Oatmeal Bars make a simple holiday dessert. Dense oatmeal and crunchy granola base with gooey coconut cherry orange topping.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to create this Chewy Cherry Orange Oatmeal Bars recipe. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySatisfying #CollectiveBias
If you’re a fan of breakfast and granola, I got a treat for you…quite literally. These Chewy Cherry Orange Oatmeal Bars take the wholesome goodness of breakfast and combines it into a fun holiday dessert. Since breakfast and desserts are two of my favorite food categories, it was only fitting.
Almost every holiday I spend with my parents includes homemade desserts. The times we create a meal together are often the most memorable. These cherry orange oatmeal bars could be enjoyed as a sweet brunch treat or an after dinner dessert.
Start with a granola oatmeal cookie base, then bake a moist cherry orange topping into it. Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almonds is a unique ingredient in this recipe that adds crunchy texture and flavor. The granola clusters include real fruits and nuts for a simple satiety that’s tasty and filling. Plus it includes 34 grams of whole grains per serving. A great breakfast on it’s own, but also a creative addition to your holiday desserts and recipes. Plus check out lots more Simply Satisfying recipes with Quaker®.
Once you have the granola oatmeal base ready you can prep the cherry orange topping. Ingredients like eggs, shredded coconut, fresh orange zest, cranberries and cherries creates a moist and creamy topping that pairs with the dense, chewy crust. Bake until combined into one delicious dessert with two layers.
Chewy Cherry Orange Oatmeal Bars recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Strong orange and cherry flavors with a sweet and salty oatmeal crust.
Texture: Dense and chewy oatmeal cookie base with gooey cherry orange topping.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, chilled
- ½ cup Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almonds
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries (thawed and chopped)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut, plus extra
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter with a pastry knife or fingers until crumbled and well incorporated. Stir in granola and oats. Press down into a 9x9 baking dish and bake 7-9 minutes, until slightly set. Remove from oven.
- In a large bowl stir together egg, egg white, milk, orange zest and vanilla. Fold in cherries, cranberries and coconut. Spread over crust and bake 30-35, until center barely jiggles and edges are golden. Cool on a wire rack at least an hour before cutting into bars. Sprinkle with additional coconut as garnish.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.