Easy Pork Fajita Tacos
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s one of those recipes that only requires a handful of ingredients, little prep and only one pan. Now that’s my kind of meal. Fajitas specifically have always been a favorite, but the traditional way requires planning ahead, and extra marinating time. When you want a meal fast, sometimes you can’t wait hours, or even overnight for the flavors to infuse. These Easy Pork Fajita Tacos use a simple trick to skip the marinating, yet still has that authentic fajita flavor. The key ingredients are all here as well—lime, bell pepper, onion, chili powder and cumin.
The trick is to add the ingredients during or right after cooking. Start with the pork. That’s right, fajitas aren’t only made with chicken, steak or shrimp. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the tender flavor of pork tenderloin in fajitas. For extra flavor and even more time savings I used Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin. It’s conveniently pre-marinated to provide real flavor, real fast. The Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn flavor works perfectly for this recipe. 100% fresh pork with no artificial ingredient is something you and your family can feel good about. It’s available at Safeway in the fresh meat section, with a variety of cuts and flavors for whatever meal you’re planning. Simply roast, sauté, grill or slow-cook the pork for an easy and delicious family dinner. Smithfield is hosting a “What Can You Do with 30?” contest, so share your favorite pork recipe using the product to win!
A tip for this fajitas recipe is to cut the tenderloin into small cubes, allowing it to cook in less than 10 minutes. Sauté on medium-high heat to quickly finish, while browning at the same time. Once the pork is cooked, just add bit of lime juice.
It wouldn’t be fajitas without bell pepper and onion. Sauté them separately in the same pan. An added bonus is the flavor bits from the pork infuse into the vegetables. While cooking, add cumin and chili powder, then finish off with fresh squeezed lime juice to create your pork fajitas masterpiece.
With these few tips, you’ll skip the lengthy marinating time, all while having authentic tasting pork fajitas in less than 30 minutes. That’s real flavor, real fast. Serve over freshly warmed corn tortillas and garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado and/or sour cream for any easy family meal.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Also sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
- 1 ½ pounds Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 limes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro as garnish
- Cut pork tenderloin into ¾-inch cubes. Heat 1-tablespoon olive oil to medium-high heat in a large non-stick pan. Add pork and sauté until browned and internal temp reaches at least 145 F, about 10 minutes. Stir in juice of one lime and remove pork from pan.
- Heat remaining olive oil in pan, add bell pepper and onion. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Sauté just until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in juice of remaining lime and cooked pork. Remove from heat.
- Toast tortillas if desired, top each with pork fajita mixture and garnish with cilantro.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.