From Scratch Lemon Lime Bundt Cake
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to create this From Scratch Lemon Lime Bundt Cake. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAdd7UP
No cake mix used in this From Scratch Lemon Lime Bundt Cake. Real ingredients including fresh lemon and lime zest/juice. A moist, fluffy cake with sweet, tangy flavors.
There’s another big set of games coming up this March. The other one known as basketball. If you’re a fan and planning on hosting viewing parties, you’re probably already looking for recipe ideas. You’ll find plenty of appetizers here, but might I suggest a dessert to go with it? You can grab the main ingredient, 7UP®, at Walmart.
It’s sure to be a unique hit and a welcome addition to the salty and savory spread that usually dominates the party table. A From Scratch Lemon Lime Bundt Cake ushers in the spring season with bright, citrusy colors and flavors. Full of fresh lemon and lime juice, with plenty of zest for a sweet and tangy bundt cake that’s super moist.
For more of a twist there’s 7UP inside the cake. I’ve seen similar recipes before that simply include lemon cake mix with the soda added. I prefer to make mine from scratch to control the quality of ingredients and overall flavor. There’s no substitute for fresh citrus zest, and it adds lovely colored specs throughout the Lemon Lime Bundt Cake. Pair that with soda in the batter for additional sweet citrus flavor.
7UP is versatile and can be used outside of the cake as well. Serve it on the side during your viewing parties for a refreshing drink or use it as a mixer to make your own party drinks. Try adding frozen fruit chunks for customizable flavors. The 12oz. 8-pack available at Walmart is ideal for smaller servings that stay fresh and sparkling throughout the game.
This March, or any other time, try this From Scratch Lemon Lime Bundt Cake for a simple bakery-style cake you can easily make at home. The fluffy, super moist cake is topped with a homemade lemon glaze and lemon lime sugar crumble for a beautifully decorated bundt cake.
From Scratch Lemon Lime Bundt Cake recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Sweet, tangy and citrusy in a buttery bunt cake.
Texture: Super moist and fluffy.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup 7UP soda
- ½ cup (1-stick) + 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer with large bowl, beat eggs on low until thickened and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Add sugar and beat on medium until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Beat in lemon and lime juices, zests and vanilla until combined. Reduce to low and carefully add flour mixture until combined. Add milk, 7UP, and butter until combined.
- Grease a bundt pan until well coated and lightly flour surface. Pour in batter and bake 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs. Cool on a rack 5 minutes then rotate and release cake.
- Meanwhile: Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice (use more or less for desired thickness). Drizzle over slightly warm cake.
- Stir together sugar with zests and sprinkle on top.
Note: If you do not have a stand or hand mixer, you can whisk by hand but will take longer.
Recipe adapted from Sprinkle Some Sugar.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.