Honey Apricot Pork Chops
Honey Apricot Pork Chops make an easy weeknight meal. Flavorful pork chops topped with a sweet and tangy honey apricot reduction. Full of protein and gluten free for a healthy, comforting meal.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to create this Honey Apricot Pork Chops recipe. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #SmithfieldCares
Pork chops are a favorite comfort food of mine and was enjoyed often growing up. It reminds me of quality family time over dinner. With the fall season here, I’ll be cooking plenty of cozy meals and creating more special memories. These Honey Apricot Pork Chops just may become a favorite of yours as well.
There’s something about food that brings people together. My mom always made sure we had delicious home cooked meals every day. Her compassion and commitment has brought me to where I am today and helped shaped my love of food. With well over 200 recipes to date, none of them would be on the blog without her. I’d even go as far to say she’s my hero. Who in your life deserves recognition? Take a bit of time to say thanks and tell them how much it means to you.
A good way to say thank you is with food. These Honey Apricot Pork Chops takes a beloved family classic and creates a unique holiday twist. Rich flavors of rosemary, spices, tangy white wine vinegar, sweet apricot and honey all meld perfectly with savory pork chops. Made in under 20 minutes, with only one pan needed, it’s perfect for an easy family weeknight meal.
For optimal flavor I used Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops. It’s naturally tender and juicy, without added hormones, steroids or artificial ingredients. It’s important to use quality meats and Smithfield always provides dependable natural pork. For more recipes with pork, try my Cowboy Coffee Rub Grilled Pork Chops with them.
If you’re a fan of cooking videos check out the brand’s video of my Honey Apricot Pork Chops below:
Honey Apricot Pork Chops recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Savory pork chops with sweet and slightly tangy apricot topping.
Texture: Tender, juicy pork with chewy dried apricots.
- 4 Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops (1-2 pounds)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- ⅛ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- ⅛ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper and rosemary. Rub in to evenly coat.
- Heat olive oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet or pan. Add pork chops and cook 4-5 minutes until browned. Reduce heat to medium, rotate and cook other side until browned. Pork should reach a minimum internal temperature of 145° F. measured with a thermometer. Remove pork from pan and allow to rest.
- Drain any excess liquid but keep brown bits in pan. Add white wine vinegar and cook on medium-high 2-3 minutes, until reduced slightly. Stir in honey, apricot preserves, dried apricots and red pepper. Cook until heated through. Serve honey apricot mixture over cooked pork chops.
Note: For medium rare, cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees (followed by a three-minute rest). For a little more done, cook them to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.