These Better for You Snacks make snacking on the go easy. Plus learn about natural potato chips cooked in heart healthy oils.
This Better for You Snacks post is sponsored by Boulder Canyon in collaboration with Blog Meets Brand.
I’ll be honest, typically I keep my day-time snacking to a minimum. This is mostly because I don’t get hungry until afternoons and it’s all too easy to settle for simple snacks that may not fit into a healthy lifestyle. Whether it’s a trip to the convenience store, vending machine or stocked office break room, there’s plenty of tempting options. It takes a bit of planning to ensure you’re eating better for you snacks that fit into a healthy lifestyle.
It’s best to plan ahead and brings snacks with you on outings, road trips or the office. This prevents mindless snacking or eating the wrong things. The most filling snacks that are better for you include protein, fiber, complex carbs and healthy fats. It’s best to avoid refined carbs, added sugars, preservatives, and artificial flavors and ingredients. Below is a list of some easy snacks. I’ll also share how Boulder Canyon Authentic Foods potato chips can fit into a healthy lifestyle.
Better for You Snacks that Fit Into a Healthy Lifestyle
- Hard-boiled eggs: It’s easy to cook up a large batch and store them in the fridge for the week. Two eggs provides 12 grams of protein.
- Avocado: Add a sprinkle of salt for a rich and filling snack loaded with healthy fats.
- Canned tuna or salmon: Look for wild-caught varieties for a healthy snack with lean protein and omega-3’s.
- Vegetables: Snap peas, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper and celery are a few options. Add some peanut butter or hummus for variety.
- Fruits: Keep these to a minimum due to the high amount of carbs and natural sugars. Berries such as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are best.
- Meats and cheese: Look for hormone/antibiotic-free meats without nitrates and preferably organic cheese.
- Dark chocolate: Look for 70% or darker chocolate. It has minimal sugar content and satisfies sweet cravings. Plus it’s loaded with antioxidants.
- Nuts, crackers and chips: Loaded with healthy fats and whole carbs. Be sure to read ingredients and looks for items with only minimal, natural ingredients.
Boulder Canyon Authentic Foods offers wholesome, better for you potato chips. With these products, chips can be part of a healthy lifestyle. They are cooked in unique, healthy oils instead of traditional chips that are often fried in processed trans-fat oils and include artificial flavors and ingredients.
Boulder Canyon potato chips are gluten free with a clean, simple label. The Sea Salt flavor is cooked in heart-healthy avocado oil and includes only 3 ingredients: potatoes, avocado oil and sea salt. A 140 calorie serving includes 6 grams of monounsaturated fat and 2 grams of protein. It’s basically the same ingredients as roasted potato wedges, but with portable convenience and a satisfying crunch. Take them on the go as hiking, beach, picnic or summer concert snacks.
Also look for their other flavors cooked in a variety of healthy fats. Sea Salt in Coconut Oil, Sweet Vinegar in Olive Oil, Sweet Chipotle in Rice Bran Oil and Buffalo Ranch in Rice Bran Oil. Beyond providing better-for-you snacks, they support healthy and active lifestyles. Check out their Facebook page for a chance to win a trip to the Fit Foodie Festival & 5k/10k in Denver, CO.
With a bit of planning it’s easy to ensure you’re eating only better for you snacks anywhere you go.
Simple snack recipes you may like:
- How to Roast Chickpeas
- Sun Dried Tomato Black Bean Hummus
- Peanut Butter Cereal Bars (Gluten Free & Vegan)
Share or Pin this post if you like it.