Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Blue Cheese Dressing made simple in less than 20 minutes for an easy, rich, tangy and spicy party appetizer. Learn how with buffalo chicken, carrot, celery and blue cheese in lettuce wraps.
Are you ready for a fun one? Today I’m sharing a snack hack with these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Blue Cheese Dressing. Save lots of time with ready-made breaded chicken. Simply bake, toss with sauce and assemble the lettuce wraps.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Just 6 ingredients is all you need to make quick and Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap appetizers for your next party.
- Breaded chicken nuggets: Use-store bought to save loads of time. They’re moist, juicy and crisp on outside
- Buffalo sauce: It wouldn’t be buffalo chicken without buffalo wing sauce for tangy flavor with a bit of spice. I prefer Frank’s buffalo sauce.
- Lettuce: Romaine lettuce works best as it’s ideal size and shape to hold all ingredients together
- Carrots: Normally served on the side with buffalo chicken, add to your wrap for crunch
- Celery: Similar concept, adds crunch and compliments the buffalo chicken
- Blue cheese dressing: The ultimate pairing to buffalo sauced chicken. Drizzle onto buffalo lettuce wraps and also serve on side.
How to make quick buffalo chicken nuggets
- Use breaded store-bought chicken nuggets found in the oven
- Bake in oven according to package directions. Usually 425º F. for 15 minutes, rotating halfway.
- Coat with buffalo sauce. It packs a lot of tangy flavor, with just the right amount of spiciness.
How to assemble Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Place onto romaine lettuce leaves, along with slices of carrots and celery. Drizzle with blue cheese dressing as a perfect complement to the buffalo sauce flavor. A few ingredients and less than 30 minutes is all you need for this perfect snack hack appetizer recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe at-a-glance:
- Difficulty: Super easy
- Flavor profiles: Rich and tangy buffalo chicken flavor, with a bit of spice. Paired with pungent and cool blue cheese dressing.
- Texture: Tender, crunchy coated chicken in a moist sauce. Nice crunch from the fresh veggies.
- Dietary Options/Substitutions: If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, substitute ranch dressing.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 pound breaded boneless chicken pieces, frozen store-bought
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 8 medium romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 bottle blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Place frozen chicken pieces in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Rotate pieces and bake for 8 more minutes, or until heated through and crisp on the outside. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and toss with buffalo sauce to evenly coat.
- Wash and dry all veggies. Slice carrot and celery into thin strips, about 1-inch long. Evenly distribute buffalo chicken, carrots, and celery into center of each lettuce leaf.
- Drizzle on desired amount of blue cheese dressing. Serve immediately with side of blue cheese dressing for dipping.
- Baking instructions for buffalo chicken pieces are a general guideline. Follow package directions.
- Use more or less sauce to reach desired moisture on buffalo chicken
- If serving a large group; double or triple this recipe
- If bringing to a party bake chicken ahead of time, but assemble buffalo chicken wraps there for easier transporting.
Products used in this recipe:
Are you excited about this contest and what is your snack hack?