Unique casserole-style chicken pasta stuffed bell peppers. Ready to eat grilled chicken, penne pasta, mozzarella cheese, pasta sauce and red bell peppers are all you need for surprisingly quick stuffed bell peppers.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias
Within this recipe post you’ll learn how to make a unique variation of stuffed bell peppers, and fast! Plus you’ll learn a trick to quickly cook bell peppers to a perfect crisp tenderness.
Are you ready for a dare? I dare you to make a stuffed bell pepper recipe in about 10 minutes. Sounds crazy right? Normally you could barely get the ingredients prepped in that amount of time. I’ve taken a few liberties and shortcuts to make this a quick, but quality meal. It’s mostly heating and assembling the ingredients to make this Chicken Pasta Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe. That’s right, pasta stuffed bell peppers. This isn’t your standard bean and rice stuffed peppers. Think of it as a chicken pasta casserole in a healthy stuffed bell pepper.
I often make things from scratch, and feature plenty recipes like this on the blog (for example try this completely from scratch Steak Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Tomato Jam recipe). However a meal like this pasta stuffed bell peppers is a quick option for a weeknight meal, or when you want to have more time out the kitchen.
A couple key products are used to speed up this recipe. Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips paired with Barilla Pronto Penne Pasta. The chicken breast strips are fully cooked, without any preservatives. Just heat and serve for a protein rich meal. The pronto pasta cooks almost instantly; in one pot, no pre-boiling and no draining. I found both at my local Neighborhood Walmart Market.
To start, cook the bell peppers. Roasting takes a long time, so to speed this part up I have a trick to cook them quickly, while still being flavorful and crisp (read the cooking tips section below). Meanwhile, cook penne pasta in a pan, and heat up chicken breast strips in another pan. About 10 minutes later, combine chicken and pasta, add pasta sauce and cheese, then stuff into cooked bell peppers. The cheese melts, and no additional baking or cooking or baking needed.
Cooking Tips: How to cook bell peppers fast
There’s plenty of ways to cook bell peppers. You can saute, stir-fry, bake, roast, steam, microwave, boil and grill. Roasting or grilling is a wonderful way to caramelize them and bring out more flavor. But microwaving is a great way to cook them quickly. The key to keeping them crisp and moist and to cook covered in a bowl of water, which basically steams them.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Chicken Pasta Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 12 ounce package Barilla Pronto Penne Pasta
- Half of, 22 ounce package Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- Remove stem and seeds from bell peppers, but keep whole. Place in a large bowl of water, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 10 minutes on high. When done remove and drain excess water.
- Meanwhile: cook penne pasta according to package directions. Heat chicken breast strips in a separate pan according to package directions. Combine in one pan; stir in cheese, then stir in black pepper and pasta sauce. The cheese will melt if stirred in first. Heat mixture a few minutes on medium if desired.
- Spoon chicken pasta into cooked bell peppers. Optional: sprinkle with more cheese on top and heat to melt before serving.