No bake Chocolate Pudding Cheesecake pie made rich and creamy chocolate pudding. This no bake cheesecake dessert sits on gluten-free almond crust for wholesome crunch. Topped with fresh strawberries.
Summer is in full swing, and fun seasonal desserts are a natural pairing. This No Bake Chocolate Pudding Cheesecake recipe with a gluten-free almond crust is perfect for any summer gathering.
This recipe makes creative use of chocolate pudding. Rather than a layered or topped pudding bowl, I took a crack at a no bake cheesecake. It takes two childhood favorites, pudding and cheesecake, and combines them into one yummy and beautiful dessert.
Texture-wise this leans more on the side of pudding than a traditional cheesecake. It’s soft, creamy and so smooth. It doesn’t set like a cheesecake, but is more like eating a slice of cheesecake flavored chocolate pudding. If you want it firmer, put the prepared cheesecake in freezer 30 minutes before slicing and serving. For a creamy and firmer cheesecake, try my Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
How to make a No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Start by making a gluten-free almond crust. No baking needed as it’s chilled to set crust. Alternately you can bake it to add crunch, just be sure to cool before filling with cheesecake mixture.
- Stir together softened cream cheese, chocolate pudding and fresh whipped cream to make filling.
- Spread over cooled crust in even layer and chill about 1 hour. The cream cheese in mixture will firm back up to thicken cheesecake.
- Top with thin layer of extra chocolate pudding to create layered effect
- Garnish edges with halved strawberries, slice and serve.
Pro tip: Be sure cream cheese is at room temp (softened). Otherwise it will be too thick to stir with chocolate pudding. Chilling assembled cheesecake will thick it back up.
How to make fresh whipped cream
Making fresh whipped cream is simple and only requires a couple kitchen tools and heavy whipping cream. For this recipe I used a 5-speed hand mixer. You could also use a stand mixer or even whip by hand with a whisk.
It’s critical that the cream is as cold as possible for thick and creamy homemade whipped cream. The fat molecules in the cream aerate best if cold; therefor keep cream in fridge and whip right away. You can even chill the bowl you mix in to speed up the process and make thicker whipped cream. Start slow then mix on high for about 5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
No Bake Chocolate Pudding Cheesecake recipe at-a-glance:
- Difficulty: Easy
- Flavor profiles: Rich, sweet and chocolaty, with a cheesecake undertone.
- Texture: Creamy, thick and smooth pudding-like texture, with a crunchy almond crust.
- Dietary Options/Substitutions: This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free. Top with any fruits you’d like that are in season.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
No Bake Chocolate Pudding Cheesecake
- 2 ½ cups sliced almonds, pulsed in food processor until crumbed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup chocolate pudding, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- To make crust: combine almond crumbs, butter, cacao powder and 1-tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl. Evenly pat into bottom of 8-inch round springform pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes to set. Or you can bake crust, see notes below.
- To make filling: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until creamy, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in chocolate pudding and ¼ cup sugar until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat heavy whipping cream on high until thick peaks form, about 5 minutes. Fold into pudding mixture with a spatula. Pour into crust and evenly spread.
- Chill for 1 hour to thicken.
- Top with a thin layer of chocolate pudding and strawberries, then serven.
- For added crunch, bake crust at 375º F. for 12 minutes, then cool to room temperature before filling
- Can also use store-bought crust that's already pre-baked
- If you don't have a cheesecake pan, serve in any dish or bowl
- Chilling will cause cream cheese to thicken and cheesecake to firm. Or enjoy right after mixing together for a cheesecake flavored pudding.
Products used in this recipe:
What’s your favorite flavor of pudding?