Easy spiced Cowboy Coffee Rub Grilled Pork Chops. Coffee, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic, spices and herbs creates caramelized, tender grilled pork.
Grill it like a steak…but with pork chops that it. Pork chops are often roasted in the oven or cooked over the stove, but they are wonderful cooked over a grill. Plus with thick, high-quality and natural pork chops you won’t be wanting anything else.
Pork makes a simple and flavorful weeknight meal, even cooked over a BBQ. These Cowboy Coffee Rub Grilled Pork Chops use a simple homemade rub that penetrates flavors deep into the meat. I mean it’s literally glistening with flavor once you grill it. Just look at those rugged, cowboy inspired chunks of delicious pork.
You can easily make this beautiful recipe in less than 30 minutes and with a handful of common pantry spices. There’s a few key ingredients to the cowboy coffee rub. Coffee, obviously is a subtle, but important flavor. Paired with smoked paprika, cumin, herbs, chili powder, dried garlic and onion.
Another critical ingredient is brown sugar. It helps hold the rub together as well as adds a nice caramel sweetness to the grilled pork chops. On that note, the rub actually caramelizes into a crunchy, smoky, spiced, sweet…you get the point….rub.
Cooking tips: If you love your pork medium rare, cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees (followed by a 5 minute rest). If you like your chops a little more done, you can cook them to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Cowboy Coffee Rub Grilled Pork Chops recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Meaty with caramelized spices and brown sugar.
Texture: Thick, tender grilled pork with a crisp, charred coating.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Cowboy Coffee Rub Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, omit for no sugar option
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee beans
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ½ pounds bone-in pork chops, about 6
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except pork chops. Sprinkle mixture onto both sides of each pork chop and rub in until well coated.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat. Allow pork chops to sit up to 20 at room temperature up to 20 minutes (optional) for flavors to soak it.
- Lightly grease grill and cook pork with lid closed, about 5 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and cooked to desired doneness. See cooking tips above for suggestions.