This summer themed Cucumber Melon Cocktail Slushie is an easy to make frozen cocktail recipe. Made with frozen honeydew melon, lime, honey, cucumber and vodka.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to create this Cucumber Melon Cocktail Slushie. All opinions are mine alone.
There’s a Tex-Mex restaurant chain in the South Bay that’s known for their slushie cocktails. Behind the counter you’ll find slushie machines churning house-made margarita mixtures that they incorporate into other cocktails. While the food is fresh and tasty, these drinks are the real highlight. I’ve tried to replicate these drinks with this Cucumber Melon Cocktail Slushie recipe. It’s quick and simple, and makes a refreshing summer cocktail.
A cocktail slushie is often a simple mixture of alcohol, ice and flavored syrup. The sugar helps consistency and prevents it from freezing solid. I’ve lightened up the Cucumber Melon Cocktail Slushie by using naturally-sweet fruit instead of sugary or sweetened syrups.
Tips for making a cocktail slushie:
- Use frozen fruit instead of ice. Freezing the honeydew ahead of time to use as ‘ice’ for this frozen slushie cocktail prevents watered-down flavor.
- Fruit should be very ripe. Since you’re not adding sugar or syrups, use ripe fruit for natural sweetness
- Blend in a high-speed blender or even a food processor. A standard blender most likely will not have enough powder to create the thick slushie texture. If using a regular blender, add a bit of water or juice.
- Use a quality vodka for better flavor.
Absolut® America vodka is perfect for summer get togethers, holidays and grilling parties. Their limited red, white, and blue bottle is especially festive for upcoming holidays such as 4th of July and Labor Day. Another simple summer cocktail is Absolut vodka, and 50/50 iced tea and lemonade.
This Cucumber Melon Cocktail Slushie is simply made with frozen honeydew melon, lime juice, cucumber and vodka. It’s blended into a thick slushie cocktail for a unique, refreshing summer drink.
More vodka cocktail recipes you may like:
- Apple Cranberry Ginger Ale Spritzer
- Bloody Mary Michelada with Bacon Swizzle Stick
- Watermelon Mint Martini
Cucumber Melon Cocktail Slushie
Summer themed Cucumber Melon Cocktail Slushie made with frozen honeydew melon, lime, honey, cucumber and vodka.
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon ripe
- 3 ounces Absolut vodka
- ¼ cup peeled seeded cucumber plus extra
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
Freeze melon cubes 6 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
Place frozen melon and remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend/pulse 1-2 minutes until thick and well blended. Thickness should be perfect, but add more honeydew or liquid to reach desired consistency. Pour into 2 cocktail or margarita glasses. Serve immediately garnished with cucumber slices.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels.
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.