Quick and easy homemade Curried Parmesan Crisps. Shredded Parmesan cheese with curry powder, baked into crunchy, golden brown crisps. A unique appetizer or wine and cheese pairing.With my recent post highlighting a new favorite health food grocery store, I’m realizing even more that understanding the process and journey behind an ingredient is an important part of cooking.
Choosing whole, clean and natural ingredients goes a long way to increasing the flavors and nutritional value of your food. Looking for organic produce is a great place to start.
However, you can dive deeper and look for ingredients that are seasonal, sourced from local places or harvested in a sustainable way. For example these Curried Parmesan Crisps only have a two ingredients, the quality of cheese you select is crucial to the flavor .
I’ve always wanted to make Parmesan Crisps. They seemed like a simple appetizer that’s full of flavor, and perfect for sharing with others.
Whether you’re hosting a small gathering, creating side dishes with friends and family, or sharing something at a potluck, these will be a fun addition. I knew they were simple, but not this simple.
Just a few minutes of prep and a quick roast in the oven, and you’ll have Curried Parmesan Crisps in no time. Simply shred the cheese, stir in curry powder, place mounds on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake. They’re crisp, slightly chewy, savory and full of flavor.
Pair these simple and unique Curried Parmesan Crisps with red wine varieties, such as Cabernet Sauvignon. t’s a simple recipe and a fun twist on your traditional wine and cheese pairing.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Baked Curried Parmesan Crisps
- 8- ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or greased parchment paper.
- Shred cheese using a small-hole grater. Place in a bowl and stir in cumin powder until well combined.
- Using an 1/8-cup measuring cup, scoop Parmesan mixture into mounds on prepared baking sheet, 5-6 inches apart. Flatten to about ¼-inch thick, leaving at least an inch between mounds.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Remove and cool slightly until firm before serving.
- Make sure to space each scoop of parmesan far enough apart or they will join together whilst melting.
- Using a small-sized grater will work best for making these crisps.
- Make sure to use a silicone mat or greaseproof paper or the cheese will stick to your baking tray and be impossible to remove without breaking.
- Make sure to let the cheese cool before removing so they get a chance to harden.
- Add more or less curry powder as desired.
- These will store well in a cool dry place for up to 1 week. They will dry out and become crisper the longer they are left.