Easy homemade Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread. Moist baked bread that includes dark cocoa powder, fresh brewed coffee, milk, olive oil and dark chocolate chips. Slightly sweet and full of rich flavor.
Coffee is one thing I can never get enough of. It’s gotten to the point where I’m adding it to my own baked goods. Well maybe that’s not a bad thing actually, since it lead to this Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread. Coffee is a daily habit and that’s not only because of the caffeine boost. The ritual of brewing it, the taste and the social aspect around coffee make it one of my favorite beverages.
This mocha breakfast bread is based off another unique breakfast bread recipe I shared a while back. It resembles a brownie, especially while in batter form, but with much less sugar and closer to a cake-like consistency. It’s just sweet enough to complement the dark chocolate and coffee flavors, yet you can enjoy it in the morning with your favorite cup. It’s plenty rich with dark baking cocoa, dark chocolate chips and strong fresh brewed coffee.
It’s National Coffee Month, so there’s no better time to drink coffee or bake it into treats like this Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread. With only a handful of ingredients and minutes of prep, this comforting breakfast bread is perfect with your morning cup.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark baking cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅝ cup strong brewed coffee, room temp
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Form a well in center and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, coffee, milk and olive oil. Pour into flour mixture and stir just until moist and combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x4x3-inch loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, remove from pan and slice. Store leftovers in a sealed container in fridge.