Try these Ham and Gruyere Sliders for a quick and easy appetizer. Meat and cheese melted between moist, toasted slider buns. Topped with a homemade raspberry mayo, brown mustard, sweet pickles and sliced red onions.There’s some flavor combinations that are destined to be together. Obvious ones like peanut butter and jelly, which was featured in my recent overnight oats recipe, come to mind. Another combo that should be a classic is beer and buns. You can do just that with these Ham and Gruyere Sliders.
With the big game gearing up, you’ll want a quick and easy, shareable appetizers. Simply assemble and bake, and within minutes you’ll be back in front of the screen.
There’s lots of flavor combos going on here. First is the natural choice of ham and cheese. Gruyere specifically adds a fruity and nutty flavor, while the firmer texture holds up well for melting. Add mayo combined with raspberry preserves for a sweet, savory and tart combo wedged between moist, crisp buns.
Speaking of buns, small slider buns wonderful choice for these ham and gruyere sliders. They’re soft and fluffy, and just the right size for slider appetizers. Most have a hint of sweetness that’s ideal for any meat and flavor combination.
Serve these Ham and Gruyere Sliders during the big game, or for any occasion that requires feeding a hungry group. Pair them with beer for gourmet snacking right in your own living room.
Ham and Gruyere Sliders with Raspberry Mayo recipe at-a-glance:
Difficulty: Super easy
Flavor profiles: Meaty and buttery cheese flavor paired with sweet and tangy mayo.
Texture: Gooey cheese and tender meat on soft, toasted slider buns.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Ham and Gruyere Sliders with Raspberry Mayo
- ¼ cup natural mayo
- 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- 8 small slider buns
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, sliced
- 8- ounces deli or roasted ham, sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Sweet bread and butter pickles, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl mix together mayo and preserves. Evenly spread onto both sides of separated slider buns, then top with mustard.
- Place bottom halves on a large baking sheet. Evenly top with cheese, ham and onion. Top with other half of buns and roast for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and buns are toasted.
- Remove from oven, garnish with pickles and serve immediately.
- If you don't have leftover ham to use up you can use deli ham
- No raspberry preserves? Apricot or orange would work well too
- You can prep these in advance and store in the fridge until ready to bake
- Any good melting cheese would work for these sliders
- To make this recipe gluten free go for GF slider buns
- Add any additional condiments you like