A twist on the classic reuben sandwich with this Hot Reuben Cheese Dip. Pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, mayo and mustard. Serve with rye bread for dipping as an easy appetizer recipe.
You may have noticed the plethora of appetizer recipes lately. With the holidays over, I’m enjoying these quick and easy recipes. Elaborate entrees and sides are a wonderful way to spend time with family, but if you’re hosting for a party or the upcoming Big Game, then quick and easy is what you want. This Hot Reuben Cheese Dip is just that.
It provides plenty of big flavor while putting a fun twist of a classic recipe. Reuben sandwiches are typically a combination of corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut and mustard on rye bread. I used pastrami, which provides comparable flavor to corned beef in this recipe. For the sauerkraut you can use store-bought or homemade. I’ve been experimenting with lacto-fermented veggies, including sauerkraut. The twist comes as party friendly cheese dip. Natural mayonnaise creates a creamy sauce that holds all the ingredients together.
Whether you’re hosting or attending the big game, or just looking for an easy party appetizer, this Hot Reuben Cheese Dip will make things a breeze. Just mix together and heat for an easy, shareable party recipe.
Hot Reuben Cheese Dip recipe at-a-glance:
- Difficulty: Super easy
- Flavor profiles: Meaty and cheesy with a sour tang.
- Texture: Tender bits of meat in a creamy, gooey sauce.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Hot Reuben Cheese Dip
- ½ cup organic mayonnaise
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, diced
- 6- ounces deli pastrami, diced (or corned beef)
- ½ cup drained sauerkraut, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Relish or diced pickles as garnish
- 4 slices rye bread
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a medium bowl stir together mayonnaise and Swiss cheese. Stir in remaining ingredients except rye bread.
- Place pastrami cheese mixture in a greased oven-safe dish. Bake 10-15 minutes, until heated through and top is slightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Top with relish or pickles if desired. Toast rye bread then cut into pieces for dipping.