Potatoes can be a healthy supplement to any meal; as long as they are enjoyed in moderation and not fried in oil or loaded with fattening toppings. Baked or roasted potato wedges are a simple way to enjoy crispy potato fries, without all the added oil and saturated fat. All you need is a little bit of healthy olive oil and some seasonings for crisp, flavorful oven baked potato wedges.
You can use any type of potatoes, but the larger brown russet potatoes will be the closest to french fries; with a crispy outside and soft and fluffy inside.
Speaking of nutrients, 1 medium potato (about 210 grams) has the following:
160 calories, 0.2 grams of fat (yes that’s a zero in front), 37 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein.
If you want more healthy recipes be sure to check out our 30 Minutes to Healthy Eating Cookbook Ebook and Meal Planner.
Products used in this dish:
How to Bake Potato Wedges:
Follow these easy steps for healthy crispy baked potato wedges
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Crispy and Healthy Baked Potato Wedges
- 2 –3 pounds Russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, pepper and/or other seasonings to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Scrub the outside of potatoes under water. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut into desired wedge size (about 3 wedges per half depending on potato).
- Place wedges in a large foil line baking sheet or pan. Drizzle with 3–4 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. You can also add other seasonings like rosemary, Lawry's, and/or garlic powder. Use you hands to toss and evenly coat wedges. Lay wedges cut side down in a single layer.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, then rotate potatoes so other cut side is down. Bake 15–20 minutes more until both sides are desired crispiness and wedges are cooked and tender inside.