Gluten free Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes make a quick and easy healthy breakfast. Made with wholesome ingredients including oats, almond flour, olive oil, milk, banana, honey and egg.
It’s almost spring season and that also means basketball season. Any sports game is a reason to gather, and more importantly eat good food. While you’re probably used to the typical appetizers and snacks, I’ve found another excuse to cook food with friends. These Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes can be part of a Basketball Brunch.
Be as creative as you’d like and also take some liberties. Even simple elements like oranges (looks like a basketball) adds a nice decorative element to any table. The main highlight would be these banana oatmeal pancakes. A lightened up gluten free recipe made with wholesome ingredients like milk, oats, rice flour, olive oil, egg and banana. It’s a powerhouse of flavor as well as nutrients. The oats add a chewy, tender texture to these light and fluffy pancakes.
Fore even more basketball flair, mix together peanut butter and oatmeal to make a thick frosting-like sauce. Use a piping bag or sandwich bag with the corner cut to create that iconic basketball pattern. Your guests will be amazed and excited for these basketball themed Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Fruity and slightly sweet oatmeal in a pancake.
Texture: Thick, fluffy pancakes with crisp outside.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 ½ cups almond or rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a medium bowl stir together milk and oats. Soak for 5 minutes. Stir in egg, olive oil, honey and banana.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into liquid mixture just until combined (use more or less flour to reach desired thickness).
- Preheat large non-stick pan to medium heat, lightly grease. Add batter (about ¼ cup per pancake) to pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Mix together peanut butter and maple syrup. Pipe or spread over waffles and serve.