Quick and easy Loaded Veggie Buffalo Chicken Nachos to go with your football party appetizers. Veggie chicken with buffalo sauce, black beans, cheese, cilantro, and jalapenos over tortilla chips.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Sometimes you just want something cheesy, gooey, decadent, and rich, especially football season and game days. When I think of football, appetizers come to mind. They’re quick, easy and shareable. These Loaded Veggie Buffalo Chicken Nachos can be made in about 15 minutes and can be scaled to feed whatever size crowd you have.
Loaded nachos is a loose term that entails piling a bunch of things onto tortilla chips. Nachos can be customized however you like. Add as many toppings as you like, and whatever meat or meat alternatives, cheese and toppings as you can feasibly fit on a serving plate.
Even though it’s fall, and there’s plenty of seasonal recipes popping up, let’s not forget the everyday recipes. I still plan on grilling throughout the season, warmer weather permitting. Plus if you’re watching football, pumpkin spice may not be the best thing to serve.
These Veggie Buffalo Chicken Nachos don’t include meat as you might suspect. For chicken flavor, but vegetarian-friendly diets, use MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings from America’s #1 Veggie Burger Brand. The texture and flavor could easily pass for chicken, and your non-vegetarian guests will enjoy them as well. Instead of beans, I used the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack. They’re great on the grill, especially during football season.
Look for MorningStar Farms® products in the frozen section of your local Walmart market. Plus you’ll find all the other ingredients for these Loaded Veggie Buffalo Chicken Nachos at affordable prices.
Tips for making Veggie Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Chop the “chicken” into smaller pieces and toss in a bowl with buffalo sauce. There’s already plenty of flavor, but this adds additional tang, sauciness and a wow effect to your loaded nachos. Pile onto tortilla chips, then sprinkle with plenty of cheese and bake
- Drizzle with more buffalo sauce (because you can never have too much sauce)
- Garnish with additional items such as jalapenos, avocado, and cilantro
More appetizer recipes you might like:
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Loaded Veggie Buffalo Chicken Nachos (Football Appetizer)
- ¾ package MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- ½ cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Cilantro as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Heat Buffalo Wings according to package directions. Chop into smaller pieces, then toss with ½ cup buffalo sauce.
- Grill or heat black bean burgers according to package directions, then chop.
- Spread tortilla chips evenly on an oven safe baking dish or tray. Top with chopped buffalo wings, black beans, and jalapenos. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and cilantro, serve immediately.
Brian Jones says
Oh my they look amazing, so many bright and zingy flavours!
Amy at cooking1handed.com says
God bless you for making a nacho recipe that my dairy-free soul can have! I’ve really missed nachos.
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables says
As a vegetarian, I totally didn’t think this was going to be a veggie friendly recipe but I was so happily surprised! We’ll definitely be trying this!
Christina | Christina's Cucina says
oooh, I’m in! what a great option for vegetarians and vegans!! just hold the cilantro for me!