Easy moist and fluffy Mini Cheeseburger Muffins. Ground beef, cheese, ketchup and mustard with batter. Best parts of a cheeseburger baked in a muffin. Within this post you’ll learn how to make unique cheeseburger muffins; perfect comfort food or party appetizers.
Parties and football food, a big part of what fall and the holidays are about. We can’t forget comfort food either; hearty food that warms you up anytime and puts a smile on your face. These Mini Cheeseburger Muffins are a perfect cure for those chilly nights.
Cheeseburgers are one of my favorite meals during the summer, but aren’t as common this time of year. Maybe it’s the abundance of pumpkin recipes and lack of warm weather for grilling. That’s not gonna stop me from enjoying them, so I created cheeseburger muffins. Comforting little morsels of cheeseburger you can eat by hand and are easy to prep and take to parties. Bring this to your next holiday gathering and guests will be swarming to them.
I used sharp cheddar cheese with lean ground beef to create moist, tender savory meat muffins. This wholesome recipe packs plenty of flavor and protein. A couple of cups of cheese in the entire recipe is a balanced way to create cheeseburger flavor in these mini muffins.
To keep these from being meatloaf muffins, it’s mixed into a batter that mimics bread from a cheeseburger. Mix in a couple eggs, onion, a bit of butter, flour and baking powder to make a simple dough that fluffs these cheeseburger muffins into moist mounds of ready-to-go cheeseburgers. Plus it’s got the ketchup and mustard baked right in, of course you can garnish with more.
Mini Cheeseburger Muffins recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Meaty, rich and savory, with a bit of tang from mustard and ketchup.
Texture: Moist, tender and fluffy cheeseburger muffins.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Mini Cheeseburger Muffins
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, or GF all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup half-stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sliced pickles as garnish
- Preheat oven to 425º F. In a large pan or skillet stir together beef, onion, pepper and ½-teaspoon salt Cook over medium-high heat; 5-7 minutes until browned. Drain excess liquid and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and 1-teaspoon salt. In a separate medium bowl combine ketchup, mustard, eggs, yogurt, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Stir wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients until moist. Fold in beef mixture and shredded cheese.
- Fill greased muffin pan cups almost full with mixture (it won't rise much). Bake 16-18 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool a few minutes then remove from pan and serve. Top with more ketchup, mustard and sliced pickles if desired.