Easy homemade No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream. Milk, egg, brown sugar and peanut butter custard mixed with fresh whipped cream. Frozen into a thick and creamy ice cream.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to create this No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream recipe. All opinions are mine alone.
I’m a big fan of kitchen gadgets. My sous vide, slow cooker, waffle maker, stand mixer and food processor all are regularly used and beloved. They make things so much easier and cooking that much more fun. For whatever reason, one gadget I didn’t enjoy was an ice cream maker. After one use, and buying plenty of ice and salt, is was graciously donated to a better home. It may make great ice cream, but requires a lot of space and effort. If you want to make homemade ice cream, but without the hassle, then this No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream is perfect for you.
Tips for the best No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
You’d be surprised how easy homemade no churn ice cream can be. Simply create a creamy milk, egg, brown sugar and peanut butter custard base. Then fold in homemade whipped cream and freeze until firm. That’s it, about 10 minutes of hands-on work is all you need. The trick is the fresh whipped cream. The custard base would freeze into a solid block otherwise. But with whipped cream, the airiness creates a smooth ice cream texture, all without an ice cream maker.
This No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream has plenty of peanut butter infused throughout. I used Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter. It’s creamy with just a bit of crunch, adding nice texture to the ice cream. It’s made from simple, wholesome ingredients, without any artificial flavors or preservatives. Peanut butter isn’t just for classic PB&J, try it with healthy snacks or as a flavor addition to create unique recipes.
A fun twist on classic homemade ice cream, this peanut butter no churn ice cream is a perfect way to enjoy the summer. Whether it’s for your family or a summer gathering you’re hosting, it’s sure to be a hit.
More ice cream recipes you may like:
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Peter Pan Simply Ground Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Chopped peanuts as garnish
- Stir together egg yolks, milk and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 170º F (do not bring to a boil). Add peanut butter and ½-tablespoon vanilla. Continue to cook and stir just until peanut butter is well combined. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and store covered in fridge until completely chilled.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Stir in powdered sugar and remaining vanilla, continue to beat until thick peaks form, 3-5 minutes. Whisk in cooled peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Pour into a freezer safe container. Swirl in or top with additional peanut butter or garnish with peanuts if desired. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight. Before serving, let sit at room temperature a bit to soften.