We’re releasing our 30 Minutes to Healthy Eating eBook soon, hopefully less than a month! What’s that got to do with this Peanut Butter + White Chocolate + Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies recipe you might ask? Well, absolutely nothing, except I figured we should get this less-than-healthy but oh-so-amazing cookie recipe to you before then.
Olia and I just moved to closer to my new job. We got lucky and found an affordable super cute loft-style apartment above a clubhouse. Minor setback is that the internet is only setup as a business, so we’re working on adding residential internet. We’ve been off the grid for over 3 weeks now. Gasp! In food blog-time that feels like a year. Hopefully thing will be running smoothly soon and I can really get back to building this blog with more recipes and content.
I wouldn’t dare hold back my duty of posting decadent recipes like these White Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. These cookies are a melting pot of every kind of goodness you can think of; white chocolate and milk chocolate chips, peanut butter, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup candies in a chewy chocolate cookie. Did I miss anything? Feel free to let me know what else you’d add to these cookies in the comments below. So with no internet, and posting from a Starbuck’s, read on for our latest recipe. Please enjoy.
Food Science and Cooking Tips:
Ever wonder why chocolate chips don’t melt when you bake in cookies? Well they actually do!
- Chocolate chips heat up and become soft to the touch. The surrounding cookie dough helps keep the shape together. When they cool, they firm up again.
- The added fat in chocolate chips also helps reduce the melting point, and keeps them from becoming a completely melted liquid.
Food Photography Tips:
I shot this in natural light at 1/160 sec, f/ 3.0, ISO 200. Normally I don’t include the ingredient packaging in my food photography. And no this is not a sponsored post. I felt the packages really helped convey the awesomeness of this recipe, and also added some strong, bright colors to an otherwise brown and white recipe. Be creative with your presentation and try things that you normally wouldn’t, you might surprise yourself.
Products used in this dish:
3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Blue/Green/Yellow
Commercial Quality Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
Cuisinart 5-Speed Hand Mixer
16×22-Inch Aluminum Sheet PanNonstick Cooling Rack
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Peanut Butter + White Chocolate + Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 full-size, 1 ½ -ounce each Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars until light and fluffy; 2–3 minutes. Slowly beat in milk, egg yolks, and vanilla until combined.
- In separate medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Slowly add this to the creamed mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in both chocolate chips and chopped Reese's until evenly combined.
- Drop roughly 1-inch mounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake each batch at 350º for 8–10 minutes, or until just set and tops are slightly cracked (they will still be slightly soft to the touch). Cool cookies for 1–2 minutes then remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.