This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.
Besides wings and other appetizers, pizza is my go-to for gameday hosting. You could always order delivery for the Big Game, but I’ve found a few favorite pizza-themed goodies that are perfect for hosting. Read on for some snack suggestions as well as a crowd-pleasing Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels recipe that’s super easy to make.
I was excited to learn about BIGS Little Caesar’s ExtraMostBestest Pepperoni Pizza Sunflower Seeds. That’s right, pizza-flavored sunflower seeds. These little kernels are bursting with fire-roasted pepperoni pizza flavor. I found they have just the right amount of salty, savory, pizza flavor. With these extremely sharable snacks, you can enjoy the flavor of Little Caesar’s Pepperoni Pizza (in a bag) anywhere. Try serving these with pizza for the perfect pairing.
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
Making these pizza pinwheels is quick and easy, so you can make them when guests arrive, or even during the game. With only about 5 minutes of prep, you won’t miss any of the Big Game (or commercials if that’s your preference like me). This recipe is made with ready-to-go ingredients such as jarred pizza sauce and pre-made pizza dough to minimize prep time.
For extra garlic flavor, I added Dorot Gardens Crush Garlic to the pizza sauce. These are the perfect cooking hack. Dorot Gardens provides pre-portioned crushed garlic, ginger, onion, and fresh herbs that are available in the frozen vegetable section of most grocery stores. No chopping, peeling, or mess. Just pop the desired amount out of the tray and use in your favorite dishes (1 cube = 1 clove). They have a two-year shelf life, so you’ll always have fresh garlic and herbs on hand.
How to make the recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Stir together 1-cup of jarred pizza sauce with one cube of defrosted Dorot Gardens Crush Garlic.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet. Evenly top with prepared pizza sauce, leaving about 1-inch of dough on the edges.
- Sprinkle with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese then top with pepperoni slices.
- Tightly roll the pizza dough from one edge to the other. Cut the roll into 1-inch slices. Place flat sides down onto the baking sheet at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until dough is golden and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
While not pizza-flavored, Slim Jim Savage makes a great game day or on-the-go snack. Weighing in at 3-ounces, it provides plenty of protein to keep you going. Each stick has 18 grams of protein in spicy, satisfying flavor. You could serve them during the game, or enjoy them any other time. I’ve found Slim Jim Savage makes a great snowboarding snack. It saves me time and holds me over on the slopes, allowing me to enjoy more of the mountain.