Sometime you want to wake up on the weekend and just stay in your jammies, cozied up with a cup of coffee and a nice book. Well, I do at least. There have been plenty of busy weekends lately working on the blog and personal projects.
I recently my How to Start a Food Blog page last weekend. It’s extremely helpful for those who are looking for inspiration and tips towards starting your dream of being a food blogger. Blogging takes a lot of dedication, but super fun and helps you stay focused. If you’ve ever thought of starting one, start it today. That’s how this whole Plating Pixels thing happened; I just said why not and dove in head first.
Back to the cozy mornings; we all work hard and deserve a relaxing break every now and then. This simple Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Egg Sandwich will make you feel special while requiring little effort or time; too bad everything in life wasn’t this way! With a short list of ingredients, you can prep in less than 5 minutes and cook in just a bit more. Make your own biscuits or muffins from scratch, use store-bought dough or even buy them pre-made from the bakery section. So go ahead and pick that special book, or whatever form or relaxation you prefer, and enjoy this quick and elegant recipe.
Food Science & Cooking Tips
- Egg yolks and whites finish cooking at different temperatures. Whites set at 140º, while yolks set at 150º
- Covering the eggs while you cook them over easy ensures more evenly distributed heat. This is why the yolks are often more runny while the whites are completely cooked.
I shot this in natural light at 1/50 sec, f/ 5.0, ISO 800 .
This recipe is simple and elegant. I wanted the photography to portray this with a relaxing scene set for two. The plates have a nice pattern and the red compliments the color of the roasted peppers. The coffee cups mimic the circular patterns and adds story to the scene. A side shot shows the detail of the finished sandwich.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Egg Sandwich
- 2 whole-wheat biscuits, cooked (or English muffins)
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, jarred works great
- ½ tablespoon butter or cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cut cooked biscuits in half, evenly spread goat cheese on one side of each biscuit. Top each with roasted red peppers. Place on baking sheet with other half of biscuits on the side. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until heated through. Turn off heat or remove.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs to your liking. For sunny side up: Heat non-stick pan to medium heat, grease with butter or cooking spray. Crack 2 eggs into pan; push whites towards yolk with spatula if it spreads too much. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook 4-7 minutes, depending on how runny you want your eggs. Whites will be set, and yolk can be runny to firm.
- Place eggs on one half of biscuits, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with other half and enjoy.
Leave a comment below or contact me directly, and I will personally respond to help you.