With this Skittles White Chocolate Fudge recipe you’ll make white chocolate fudge with only 4 ingredients. Plus learn how sweetened condensed milk is made. Dense and sweet chewy fudge for a colorful party dessert.
While we’re through the holiday season and into a new year, there’s still plenty of upcoming holidays and events worth celebrating. There’s a certain big game coming up known as the Superbowl. You may be looking for appetizers and entertaining recipes and I’m glad you found this Skittles White Chocolate Fudge!
Skittles and white chocolate in a fudge, and as a party snack? Absolutely! This colorful dessert is perfect for serving at the big game. Cut into bars or bite size square and have as part of your snacking goodies. You’ll stand out with this unique treat that’s not your traditional dip or fried appetizer.
The sweet, chewy white chocolate pairs with sweet and chewy Skittles candy. There’s just enough difference in the texture that each piece of Skittles jumps out at each bite. It truly is a wonderful combination that comes together so simply.
This Skittles White Chocolate Fudge uses only 4 ingredients, and just a few minutes of hand-on time. Melt white chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk, plus a bit of vanilla extract for added flavor. Once melted, stir in Skittles Original, pour fudge mixture into a square dish and chill to set. Cut into bars and you’re all set for the big game.
How is sweetened condensed milk made?
Sweetened condensed milk is the main ingredient, besides white chocolate chips, that forms the base of this fudge. If you melt chocolate it would just firm back up to it’s original hard state; not very fudge-like. The condensed milk binds and thins out the white chocolate, creating the ideal fudge texture when set.
Condensed milk is simply made by cooking down milk and adding sugar – pretty basic right? More specifically, some water is evaporated and sugar is added at a 9:11 ratio to milk, or about half. This thickens it up while sweetening. The sugar also acts as a natural preservative and prolongs shelf life.
Difficulty: Super easy
Flavor profiles: Sweet and buttery white chocolate fudge with sweet and slightly fruity Skittles
Texture: Soft and chewy with bits of chewy Skittles.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Skittles White Chocolate Fudge
- 4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cans, about 19-ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Skittles Original candies, plus extra for topping
- Combine white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a large sauce pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often until melted; about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Skittles Original. Pour mixture into a 8x8 square dish (you can use a large or smaller dish to change the thickness of the fudge). Spread into an even layer, then top with more Skittles.
- Allow to cool slightly then place in fridge at least 30 minutes to set fudge. Bring to room temperature and cut into bars before serving.
Recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling