Easy and delicious Slow Cooker Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce. Blue cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella and milk with mushroom, onion and spices.
Within this recipe post you’ll make a simple fondue style party appetizer that you can prep ahead of time and enjoy the entire game.
I’m a bit obsessed with my slow cooker. I only got one recently and can’t believe I’ve gone my whole life without owning one. It’s set and forget, about as easy as you can get. This Slow Cooker Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce is a prime example. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, let it do it’s thing, and come back to a perfectly prepared meal or appetizer.
Blue cheese dipping sauce would be a hit for your Game Day party snacks. Buffalo chicken dipping sauce has been quite popular on food blogs lately. Instead of adding another one to the list, how about flipping it around? Instead of dipping something into buffalo chicken sauce, let’s dip buffalo chicken into sauce! It’s only natural and blue cheese is the quintessential pairing.
Ready to get your slow cooker game time snack on? Ok ready set go! First place blue cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and milk in the slow cooker. Add in mushrooms, garlic, red and green onions, cumin and other spices and set to high. Just a bit of blue cheese goes a long way to flavor this creamy, perfectly thick dipping sauce. Let it cook and enjoy time with your friends or prep any other dishes you’ll be preparing.
When you’re ready to serve, keep slow cooker on warm for a fondue style dipping sauce. While the blue cheese dipping sauce is cooking, start cooking frozen buffalo chicken
Difficulty: Super Easy
Flavor profiles: Rich, savory and hint of pungent blue cheese
Texture: Thick creamy and perfect dipping sauce consistency
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Slow Cooker Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 package buffalo chicken nuggets, store-bought
- Add all ingredients except chicken to a slow cooker. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on high heat for up to 2 hours, or low for 6 hours. Stir again once cooked; dipping sauce is ready when all cheese is melted.
- Optional: To thin it out add more milk. If you’d like it thicker, add flour 1-tablespoon at a time. Serve warm and leave slow cooker on warm setting to keep cheese melted.
- Dip with buffalo chicken pieces. Make according to package directions so it will be ready when sauce is done.