Overnight carnitas makes these Easy Slow Cooker Carnitas Breakfast Tacos fast. Tacos with pork, scrambled eggs, beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa and avocado.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
If it’s not clear by now, I’m a bit obsessed with Mexican food. I’m surprised I don’t have more recipes like this on the blog, but I cook it often and have a favorite taqueria we frequent almost weekly. I crave it so much it’s now become a breakfast item. These Slow Cooker Carnitas Breakfast Tacos will satisfy any craving.
The combination of flavors may be outside of the usual pairing, but scrambled eggs goes surprisingly well with slow cooked carnitas. What’s even better about this recipe is the suggested timing. Start the seasoned pork the night before in a slow cooker. Set on low for at least 8 hours, then let it stay on warm.
You’ll wake up to a house full of meaty, savory carnitas smell. Maybe it’s the food lover in me, but this is just as good as waking up to the smell of coffee brewing.
I used Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas. It saves you time with pre-seasoned carnitas flavor, while providing quality 100% pork with natural ingredients. Slow cooker carnitas is made simple, no extra seasonings or ingredients needed.
It’s Real Flavor Real Fast. Once cooked, you’ll have fork tender, juicy carnitas. Besides the hands-off slow cooking time, this recipe can be made in about 20 minutes.
Shred the pork and you’re ready to start your Slow Cooker Carnitas Breakfast Tacos. I recommend broiling the carnitas in a single layer once cooked to add a bit of crispness, but is entirely optional.
Add scrambled eggs, and Mexican-style ingredients like beans, salsa, cheese, sour cream, avocado and cilantro in a corn tortilla to complete your Slow Cooker Carnitas Breakfast Tacos.
Another option is to make into burritos and pack as a unique lunch for work. With pre-seasoned pork carnitas and a slow cooker, breakfast can be whole new experience, and fast.
Do these Slow Cooker Carnitas Breakfast Tacos have your craving more? Try these tacos:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Tacos
- Easy Pork Fajita Tacos
- Blackened Cobia Fish Tacos with Blackberry Balsamic Salsa
- Tropical Sweet and Sour Porkless Tacos (Vegan)
- Mediterranean Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Slow Cooker Carnitas Breakfast Tacos
- 2-½ pounds Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- 8 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained, heated
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Cilantro as garnish
- Removed pork from package and place in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours or high for 4 hours (Note: you can do this the evening before so it’s ready for breakfast). Drain any excess liquid and shred pork into small pieces. You'll have extra carnitas for additional tacos or leftovers. Optional: Before serving, broil on high in a single layer on a baking sheet until edges are crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Scramble in a greased non-stick pan over medium heat; stirring often until fluffy and cooked, 5-7 minutes.
- Heat or toast tortillas. Top each with desired amount of carnitas and remaining ingredients.