Gluten free and low carb eaters can enjoy these Sweet Potato Sausage Dogs. Seared bratwurst sausages on a tender sweet potato. A fun and healthy hot dog alternative.
Let’s face it, with Father’s Day right around of the corner many of us have the difficult task of purchasing a gift for dad. Gifts already require a bit of guessing or luck, but for some reason it’s even more difficult on Father’s Day. I have a few go to gifts that I learned my dad appreciates, but sometimes you want to give something more unique clothes, beer, cigars, mugs or any of the other cliché gifts. Read on for a perfect gift for cooking these Sweet Potato Sausage Dogs.
This year I found a fun kitchen appliance perfect for any guy in your life. The Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill is your foolproof way to perfectly cooked sausages, every time, without any effort or hands-on time. I love grilling and being outdoors, but what about the times when it’s dark or raining outside, or you don’t have time to fire up the grill. This is perfect for juicy, seared sausages no matter when you want them.
To test it out I created a unique recipe besides merely putting a sausage on a bun with toppings. For those gluten-free dads, or one’s watching their carbs, you can enjoy Sweet Potato Sausage Dogs. As you can see in the pictures, these gluten free sausage dogs totally look like the real thing. You’d almost think these were sitting atop real buns. Enjoy them like a regular hot dog, or for less messy eating use a fork and knife.
To get a special discounted price of $79.98 use the promo code “sizzle2” at SizzlingSausageGrill.com or call 800-610-4690.
Sweet Potato Sausage Dogs recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Tangy, citrusy, tart and very sweet.
Texture: Dense, chewy cookie crust topped with creamy lemon curd.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Sweet Potato Sausage Dogs (Gluten Free)
- 5 Johnsonville Bratwurst Sausages
- 5 medium sized sweet potatoes
- ¼ diced red onion
- 5 tablespoons mustard
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 5 tablespoons relish
- Cheese or other preferred toppings
- Place bratwursts in the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill, close lid and turn on to cook. In 15 minutes they will be perfectly cooked.
- Meanwhile: scrub and clean sweet potatoes. Poke holes with a fork and microwave on high about 7 minutes, rotating halfway, or until just tender (or roast them in oven at 425 F. for about 30 minutes).
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly. Slice vertically down center without cutting in half to create a bun. Top with cooked bratwurst and desired toppings.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville Sausage. The opinions and text are all mine.