Yummy tropical Sweet and Sour Porkless Tacos made from meatless vegan pork. On top of corn tortillas with cabbage, mango, cilantro and lime. A fun and healthy meal.
This post is sponsored by Gardein. All opinions are mine alone.
I’ll clear up any confusion right from the start. You are in fact reading the recipe title correctly, these are Tropical Sweet and Sour Porkless Tacos, meaning they are completely vegan!
I’ll answer your next question, yes they do taste like pork. I’ve tried meat alternatives before and can say that I’ve been less than impressed. Quite the opposite with these porkless tacos thanks to Gardein meatless products, more on this later.
With Summer and warmer days ahead (I’m sitting in my backyard during gorgeous Bay Area weather typing this) you may be wanting to eat healthy, good for you recipes. Or maybe you want to spend more time outdoors, and less time cooking. These tacos are light and healthy, and come together in a flash, even on a busy weeknight.
The porkless bites, cooked with bell peppers and a sweet and sour sauce, sit atop corn tortillas for added fiber, protein and complex carbs. Simple fresh garnishes of colorful purple cabbage, mango, cilantro and squeezed lime juice give it a fresh, tropical blast. A treat for all the senses; these vibrant, beautiful tacos will be the highlight of your dinner table.
If you’re vegan you can enjoy these porkless tacos thanks to Gardein Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites. These meat-free foods are made with non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains and veggies. It provides the taste, texture and protein content of meat but with less calories, less fat and no cholesterol. These flavorful and tender Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites have 13 grams of protein per serving. Plus the sweet and sour sauce pack is included for a quick and easy meal.
Eating healthy, vegan and/or having a busy schedule doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy fun, creative and flavorful meals. These Tropical Sweet and Sour Porkless Tacos are like a mini vacation for your tastebuds and a refreshing break from a busy day.
Tropical Sweet and Sour Porkless Tacos at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Rich, savory, sweet and sour combined with fresh tropical flavors.
Texture: Tender porkless bites with crisp cabbage and bell peppers over a soft corn tortilla.
More Taco Recipes You Might Like
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos
- Shrimp Ceviche Tacos
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Blackberry Salsa
- Baked Fish Tacos
- Mediterranean Shrimp Tacos
- Carnitas Breakfast Tacos
- Pork Fajita Tacos
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Tacos
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Tropical Sweet and Sour Porkless Tacos (Vegan)
- 2 10.5-ounce packages Gardein Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 limes
- Place sweet and sour sauce pack in a bowl of warm water to defrost (I only used once sauce pack). Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet to medium heat. Add porkless bites from both packages and bell pepper. Cook 8 minutes, stirring often, or until crisp and heated through. Stir in one sauce pack and remove from heat.
- Heat corn tortillas if desired. Top each with porkless bites, and desired amount of cabbage, cilantro and mango. Squeeze lime juice on each as garnish.