Gluten-Free Chocolate Almond Butter Breakfast Parfaits
These easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Almond Butter Breakfast Parfaits are like a decadent dessert, but wholesome, gluten-free, full of protein and healthy fats.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 parfaits
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
Spoon ½ cup yogurt each into 2 small glasses or jars. Top each with half of the banana slices and 1-tablespoon almond butter. Sprinkle with half of cocoa powder and nibs.
Add another layer with rest of yogurt, then top with remaining ingredients.
- Use Greek yogurt for extra protein and thick, creamy layers. If yogurt is too thin, fruit and add-on may sink through layers.
- Flavored yogurt such as vanilla is optional, but will add a lot of sugar to recipe.
- If you make ahead of time just stored covered in fridge the night before. Be sure bananas aren't exposed at top layer or they will oxidize
- Prepping ahead will also help soften the oats a bit, but I prefer the extra texture.
Serving: 1parfait | Calories: 559kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2.8mg