Grilled Gyro Sliders with Tzatziki Sauce
These Grilled Gyro Sliders are a unique twist on classic gyro wraps. Made with ground beef and lamb, Greek seasoning and red onion.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound grass-fed lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce such as A1
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cucumber
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon squeeze lemon juice
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 small slider buns
In a medium bowl mix together ground beef, lamb, egg, ⅛ cup red onion, steak sauce, ½ tablespoon Greek seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper until well combined. Form into small 2-inch round patties and let sit at room temp 15-30 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare tzatziki sauce: Press shredded cucumber into a fine mesh strainer until liquid is drained. In a small bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, and remaining red onion and Greek seasoning. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat. Add gyro patties, reduce heat to medium and close lid. Grill 3-5 minutes until bottoms are seared. Rotate and grill about 5 minutes more, or until internal temp reaches 145° F for medium-rare.
Toast buns on grill if desired. Top gyro burger patties with tzatziki sauce and feta cheese, serve immediately.
- Use lean ground beef combined with ground lamb. Too much fat can cause flare-ups on the grill and ends up cooking off anyways
- Adding an egg to mixture helps to hold all ingredients together and adds moisture
- Let prepared gyro patties sit at room temp before cooking. This ensure more even cooking throughout
- Start with higher heat on grill then reduce. This creates a sear on outside then slowly cooks meat, making it easier to achieve ideal medium to medium-rare
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 3.1mg