Gluten Free Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Easy Gluten Free Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms filled with cooked ground sausage, chopped onion, mushrooms stems, spinach, and artichoke cream cheese dip.
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 27 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 18 stuffed mushrooms
- 18 large cremini mushrooms
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage without skin
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 10 ounces La Terra Fina Cheesy Artichoke Dip or similar cream cheese based dip
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425° F. Pull stems from cremini mushrooms and set aside.
Place caps on a foil-lined baking sheet open side up and lightly spray with oil. Bake 10 minutes, rotate and drain liquid. Bake 5-7 minutes more until tender and remove from oven.
While mushrooms are baking: Finely chop mushrooms stems and onion. Set aside.
Cook mild Italian sausage in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up meat as is cooks.
Stir in chopped mushrooms stems and onion, reduce to medium heat and cook 5-7 minutes more until tender.
Stir in spinach and cook 1-2 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
In a large bowl, mix together sausage mixture with cheese dip.
Rotate mushrooms caps so the openings are facing up. Fill with a heaping mound of the mixture and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Use large cremini mushroom as they will shrink significantly once cooked.
- Pre-bake mushrooms caps till tender and to draw out liquids.
- Be sure to cook the Italian sausage ahead of time and break up into small pieces. Mild spiciness works best for flavor.
- Cook chopped mushrooms stems and onions into sausage until tender and to reduce liquids.
- Since mushrooms shrink when cooked, you’ll have extra stuffing mixture leftover. This would be great served with toasted bread as an additional appetizer for your party.
Serving: 1mushroom | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 0.4mg