Frozen Watermelon Margarita
Frozen Watermelon Margarita is an easy, refreshing summer cocktail.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Freezing 6 hours
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 margaritas
- ½ medium watermelon
- 3 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 2 medium limes
- Kosher salt for garnish
Cut watermelon into large cubes (discarding rind) and freeze 6 hours or overnight.
Place watermelon chunks in a high-speed blender. Top with tequila, Triple Sec, and lime juice.
Blend until thick and smooth. Pour into two margarita glasses and serve immediately.
Optional: Line the glass rims with salt and garnish with lime and watermelon wedges.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make a large batch for parties.
- You can use a Blanco or Anejo tequila. Any brand will do, but a higher quality one will have better flavor.
- In a pinch, you can just add ice to the fresh watermelon. But try to plan ahead for the best consistency and flavor. Otherwise, it will have a watered-down flavor.
- If too thick: Add a bit more alcohol or water to dilute.
- If too thin: Blend in a bit more of the watermelon pieces.
- The margarita will separate a bit while it sits. Simply stir again before serving.
Serving: 1margarita | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 824mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 57g | Vitamin A: 3874IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg