Sun-dried Tomato Ricotta Crostini Appetizer
Sun-dried tomato, basil, garlic, pepper and ricotta over crispy crostini pieces.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 20 to 30 crostini pieces
Place sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until combined, about 15 seconds.
Spread ricotta evenly over crostini pieces and top with sun-dried tomato mixture before serving.
- You can make the toppings ahead of time and keep them in the fridge to top the crostini last minute
- For this recipe make sure to use fresh basil and garlic, don't substitute dried
- The same thing with fresh garlic, substituting garlic powder will not provide optimal flavor
- Use store-bought crostini to make this recipe easy. Plus they're the perfect size and have a great crunch. However, you could also use toasted sliced French bread.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1.2mg