Spinach Parmesan Stuffed Pork Loin
Tender pork loin filled with spinach, ricotta garlic and herbs, ready in 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 slices
- 2 pounds Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet
- 3 cups frozen spinach
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Kitchen twine
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
Cut loin filet in half vertically. Place one piece in sealed ziplock or wrap in plastic wrap. Use a mallet to flatten to about ½-inch thick. Repeat process for other piece, set aside.
Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain excess liquid with a fine mesh strainer, pressing to remove as much liquid as possible. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, both cheeses, garlic and thyme.
Evenly spread mixture over flattened pork loins, up to about ½-inch from edges. Tightly roll from one edge then wrap and tie with kitchen twine.
Heat olive oil to medium-high heat in a large nonstick pan or skillet. Add pork loins and cook 5-8 minutes, until browned. Rotate and brown other side, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until internal temp reaches at least 145°F., about 10-15 minutes (rotating if needed). Remove from pan and let sit 10 minutes. Slice into 1-inch thick pieces and serve.
- Use Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Fillet, it's already marinated and full of flavor. This will make sure your meal is super delicious with less effort.
- Use frozen spinach to speed things up.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the pork is cooked through.
- Make sure to rest the meat so it's juicy and flavorful.
- Fresh thyme has a much stronger flavor than dried so try to always use fresh.
- Serve the pork with roast potatoes, salad or grilled vegetables.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 4685IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1mg