Sweet and Salty Dark Chocolate Bark
Just the right combination of sweet and salty, chew and crunchy,
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
- ¼ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed kernels
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 12- ounces dark chocolate about one large baking bar
- ¼ cup crumbled potato chips
- ⅛ cup pretzels crumbled
- ½ cup dried apricots chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
Preheat oven to 250° F. Place pecans, pumpkin seeds and almonds in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook 4-6 minutes, stirring often, until toasted. Be careful to not overcook and remove from pan immediately.
Meanwhile: Place dark chocolate bar in center of a 11x17 parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 6-10 minutes, until softened. Remove from oven and use spatula to spread chocolate to a ⅛-inch thick slab.
While still soft, evenly sprinkle with toasted nuts and remaining ingredients. Note: use more or less of toppings depending on how dense you prefer. Press ingredients down lightly to secure.
Allow to cool until hardened completely; place in fridge or freezer to this speed up. Once set, break up into pieces.
- Toasting the nuts and seeds beforehand really brings out the flavors and gives them a delicious nutty and toasted flavor
- I recommend only using dark chocolate for the perfect balance of salty and sweet
- You can use any dried fruits, nuts and seeds you like for this recipe why not get creative and create different variations
- You can also drizzle over some melted chocolate (white, milk or dark) for contrast and to create pretty designs
- Press the toppings down lightly into the chocolate so they stick when the chocolate sets
- Store chocolate bark in a sealed container in a cool, dry place
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 4.6mg