Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Quick and Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes. Boil potatoes and mix in sour cream, cream cheese, butter and milk for fluffy mashed potatoes as Thanksgiving side.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes organic
- 3 teaspoons salt divided
- ¼ cup butter (half stick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley as optional garnish
Wash and peel potatoes, discarding skins. Cut into 2-inch cubes.
Place potatoes and 2-teaspoons salt in a large pot and fill with cold water to submerge potatoes (leave at least 1-inch from top to prevent over-boiling).
Bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce to medium and boil uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are just tender. Remove from heat and drain.
Place hot potatoes in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add butter, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, pepper, and remaining 1-teaspoon salt. Use an electric mixer with whisk attachment to beat until combined and fluffy.
Garnish mashed potatoes with parsley, and serve with your holiday meal
- I prefer organic potatoes for the best flavor and nutrients.
- If you don't have a handheld or stand mixer: Use a potato masher, then stir in remaining ingredients. The texture will not be as light and fluffy, but will still taste great.
- Use more or less milk to reach desired consistency. Using more milk will make them more creamy.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 1072mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 540IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1.3mg