Spiced Apple Cider Cupcakes
Moist white cake batter cupcakes topped with apple cider cream cheese frosting and cinnamon.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 20 cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup light cooking olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 jar Cream Cheese Frosting store bought
- 1 tablespoon instant apple cider drink powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a muffin pan with regular size cupcake liners. In a large bowl combine cake mix, apple juice, water, eggs and nutmeg until moistened. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
Pour batter into cupcake liners. Bake 18–20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes, then remove from pan. Bake in multiple sets depending on the count of your pan.
Stir apple cider powder into frosting mix until well combined. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
- Choose the highest quality apple juice possible for best results.
- Don't omit the nutmeg or cinnamon as it adds the delicious festive flavor that we all love.
- A little apple cider powder goes a long way so shouldn't need more than 1 tablespoon.
- Remember to let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting or the frosting will melt.
- Store the cupcakes (unfrosted) in containers for up to 5 days or freeze them. Once frosted they will last for about 2 days.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 0.7mg