Blackened Fish Tacos with Blackberry Balsamic Salsa
Blackened seasoned Cobia fish tacos. Topped with fresh sweet blackberry balsamic salsa.
Prep Time 14 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Blackened fish tacos ingredients
- 2 tablespoons ground smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup light cooking olive oil, more or less
- 1 –2 pounds Open Blue Cobia
Blackberry Balsamic Salsa ingredients
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 4 –6 small flour tortillas or corn
- ½ cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- Fresh cilantro as garnish
Filet fish from skin. Combine all spices together in a small bowl, and spread out onto a small flat surface. Dredge fish on all sides to evenly coat with a solid layer. Allow to sit and soak up spices while you make salsa.
In a large bowl, use a masher to create a pulp from blackberries, some chunks are fine. Add balsamic glaze, honey and red onion, stir together; set aside.
In a large skillet or non-stick pan, place enough olive oil to create a thin, solid layer. Heat oil to medium-high, add seasoned Cobia fillets. Cook 4–6 minutes, rotating half way; just until outside is browned any crispy, and fish is flaky.
Heat or toast tortillas if desired. Top with blackened Cobia, spoon over salsa, and sprinkle with cabbage and cilantro.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg