Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Strawberry Topping
Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe. Bananas silky cream cheese that melds with crispy French Toast. Top with a fresh strawberry compote.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 sandwiches
- 2 medium ripe bananas sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 1 8-ounce package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices French or whole-wheat bread about ½-inch thick
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
In large skillet or non-stick pan melt butter on medium heat. Add bananas and brown sugar, sauté until softened. Stir in 1-teaspoon vanilla and remove from heat.
In medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add banana mixture and beat until combined. Evenly spread mixture on 4 slices of bread, and top with remaining bread.
In a flat bowl whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon and 1-teaspoon vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches to evenly coat. Melt remaining butter in large skillet or pan over medium heat. Toast sandwiches, 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked and golden brown.
Meanwhile: Combine strawberries and sugar in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until soft and heated through. Spoon over French toast.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 27.1mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 2.2mg