White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones recipe baked with cherry yogurt. Moist, flaky scones. White chocolate and cranberry add sweet texture to perfect scones.
Prep Time 12 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 24 minutes
Servings 8 large scones
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour plus extra for kneading
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus extra for garnish
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries Craisins
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ¾ cup yogurt cherry or plain
- 3 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 400º F. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking power and baking soda. Add butter pieces and cut in with a pastry cutter, or break up and mix in with fingers, until evenly incorporated.
Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Make a well in center.
In separate small bowl combine eggs and yogurt, then pour into flour mixture. Stir together just until combined.
This part will be messy, but fun! Place dough on a smooth floured surface. Sprinkle with flour and knead by folding and pressing until smooth and combined, about 8-10 times. You'll probably need to sprinkle on more flour as you go until it thickens.
Pat dough into flat, round circle about 1-inch thick and 9-inch diameter. Cut into 8 even triangular wedges.
Place scones on parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly brush tops with milk and sprinkle with extra sugar for garnish and a bit of crunch.
Bake at 400º for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack and serve warm.
- Don't soften your butter it must be cold for the perfect scone texture
- Don't over-knead or it'll toughen the dough
- Use this recipe as a base for any dried fruit you like, raisins and apricots work really well
- Don't flatten or roll out the scones too thin before cutting or you will have very dense scones
- Make sure to brush the tops with milk before baking for a nice golden color
- Let the scones cool completely before serving
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for up to 1 week or can be frozen
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 2.3mg