Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers
Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers. A creamy sauce of whipping cream, capers and lemon zest round it all out with a buttery tang.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 12- ounces uncooked pasta use gluten-free for dietary restrictions
- 1 pound uncooked deveined fresh or thawed frozen shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon cut into wedges
- ½ cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 1 cup drained canned or jarred artichoke hearts cut into quarters
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red sweet pepper, drained, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile peel shrimp if skinned. Add butter to a large pan or skillet, heat to medium-high heat until melted. Add garlic, stir and cook 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Add shrimp, squeeze lemon wedges over and add to pan, cook 1-2 minutes until shrimp turns slightly opaque white.
Add vermouth, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and capers. Cook until just boiling and shrimp turns completely opaque white, remove and discard lemon wedges. Immediately after boil, stir in whipping cream and lemon zest. Bring to boil again, then reduce heat to low and simmer 1-2 minutes to thicken sauce. Remove from heat.
Top cooked pasta with shrimp mixture, sprinkle with feta cheese and basil.
Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 420mg | Sodium: 1316mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1775IU | Vitamin C: 55.2mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 6mg