Mediterranean Shrimp Tacos
Mediterranean Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Yogurt Sauce. Shrimp tacos with a Mediterranean flair; pita bread, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives and feta cheese.
Prep Time 4 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 14 minutes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 whole pita breads halved (use gluten-free for dietary restrictions)
- 8- ounces fresh or frozen thawed shrimp, deveined and peeled
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup cup jarred artichoke hearts water or oil-packed, chopped
- ¾ cup kalamata olives halved
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine yogurt, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in small bowl to make sauce.
Preheat oven to 350º F. Place pita halves on baking sheet or directly on oven rack. Heat 7-10 minutes, until warm.
Meanwhile, evenly sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix to coat. Heat large pan or skillet over medium heat. Heat olive oil and add shrimp. Cook 5-7 minutes, rotating half way, until shrimp is cooked and opaque white. Remove and discard tails.
Open warmed pita halves and evenly fill with cooked shrimp, artichoke hearts, olives, and feta. Top with garlic yogurt sauce. Makes 8 halves.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 786mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1.7mg