Ginger Garlic Teriyaki Mushrooms Skewers
Bold ginger, garlic and teriyaki based marinade. Salty marinades work best in that the flavor penetrates more deeply into the food.
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 pound Crimini mushrooms whole (these are standard round ones at supermarket)
- 4 cups low-sodium teriyaki marinade use gluten-free if needed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Wooden or metal skewers soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning
Add all ingredients into a large bowl. Gently mix to combine ingredients and coat mushrooms in marinade.
Marinade for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place whole mushrooms on skewers, touching each other.
Heat barbecue to medium heat. Place skewers on grill and cook for 7-10 minutes, rotating every few minutes, until cooked and grill marks appear.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 4418mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2.2mg