Creamy White Sauce Crab Enchiladas
Quick and easy crab enchiladas with diced chilies, spices, and cheese in a creamy white sauce.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 12 enchiladas
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces canned roasted diced mild green chilies drained
- 1 pound fresh or imitation crab meat chopped into small pieces
- 3 stalks green onion sliced (about ½ cup)
- 12 (7-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish optional
Preheat oven to 350º F. To make the sauce: In a large bowl stir together sour cream, yogurt, flour, salt, cumin, and paprika. Stir in milk and green chilies. Divide sauce in half.
Combine chopped crab meat and green onions in one half of the sauce to make the filling.
Evenly divide filling between tortillas. Roll tightly and place in a baking dish, seam down.
Spoon remaining sauce evenly over the tops of the enchiladas. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Bake uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, until heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes and top with cilantro as garnish.
- Replace crab with tofu or other vegetables for a vegetarian option.
- You can also you other seafood such as shrimp, crawfish or lobster.
- Use light or low-fat sour cream and yogurt to make it lighter.
- Add more chili or use hot ones for the desired spiciness
- Have leftovers? The enchiladas will store well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 0.4mg