Lemon Herb Goat Cheese Ball
Goat cheese, cream cheese, lemon zest, sliced green onion, and fresh thyme and rosemary for perfect for game-time snacking.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 stalk green onion sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts (pistachios or hazelnuts)
- 1 package crackers
In a medium bowl, stir together first six ingredients, through rosemary, until well combined.
Scoop mixture onto saran wrap over a flat surface. Wrap and form into a smooth ball shape with hands. Chill until ready to serve.
Spread nuts in even layer on a small plate. Roll cheese ball to evenly coat surface. Serve with crackers.
- This cheese ball can be made in advance and left in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap the day before serving
- If making in advance bring it out the fridge 10-15 minutes before serving to soften
- Make sure cream cheese is a room temp and use soft goat cheese for easy mixing and shaping of cheese ball
- Lightly wetting hands will help shape the cheese ball more easily if it sticks to you
- Any chopped nut works well, such a pistachios, pecans or walnuts. This step is important for added presentation, but also make it less messy when serving
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 0.8mg