Caramel Apple Cheese Ball
Caramel apple cheese ball makes a quick and easy holiday appetizer. Simply mix cream cheese, sharp cheddar, green apple and caramel; serve with crackers.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 12 servings (1 ball)
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese room temp
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ medium green apple diced
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce plus extra for drizzle
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 package crackers
Toast walnuts in a pan over medium-high heat just until browning starts, stirring often; about 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely, then chop or crush walnut into small pieces.
In a medium bowl, stir together softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in apple, nutmeg and caramel until ingredients are evenly incorporated. Use hands to roll into a ball shape.
Spread walnut pieces on a plate or flat surface, and roll cheese ball to evenly coat outside. Drizzle top with extra caramel sauce and serve with crackers.
- If you're having trouble shaping the ball try using wet hands to avoid it sticking to you
- This cheese ball can be made in advance and left in the fridge covered in cling film
- If making in advance bring it out the fridge 10 minutes before serving
- If you don't have walnuts you could use hazelnuts or cashews
- Freezing for longer storage not recommended as dairy will curd when defrosted
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1.2mg