Fall Harvest Fig Pear and Apple Crisp
Fresh fall fruits with nutmeg and clove spices. Covered with a crumbly, golden almond and oat crisp topping.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 5 large apples Gala, Pink Lady or Fuji
- 2 large pears
- 5 fresh figs quartered
- 1 ¼ cups dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- 6 tablespoons honey divided
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter sliced
Preheat oven to 375° F. Thinly slice apples and pears and place in a large bowl.
Stir in figs, dried cranberries, nutmeg, clove and 3-tablespoons honey until evenly coated. Place in a parchment-lined or greased 9x9 square baking dish.
In a medium bowl stir together oats, almonds, flour and salt.
Stir in remaining 3-tablespoons honey. Add butter and use a pastry blender to cut into mixture. It should be combined, but crumbly with small clumps.
Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake 35 minutes, or until fruit is tender and topping is crisp and golden brown.
- Be sure apples and pears are ripe and smell sweet. This is the main flavor of this recipe and will affect the results greatly.
- Serve warm, topped with yogurt, ice cream or fresh whipped cream if desired
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg